Are you looking to expand your career in Asbestos and Lead
Abatement? Do you want to work for a well-established company with
an excellent reputation that takes care of its employees? Are you
seeking a company that has tremendous resources and provides
training and opportunities? Terracon is currently Ranked #1 for
Asbestos and Lead Abatement Design firms by ENR!
If this sounds like you, then Terracon is your kind of company!
We share your vision.
Terracon is hiring an Asbestos Environmental Technician for our
Colton, CA office to help grow and expand our asbestos practice in
Perform tests and sampling of environmental materials including
air, groundwater, building materials, and noise. Operates field
monitoring equipment. Assists with operation and maintenance of
remediation systems. May assist with asbestos surveys, abatement
projects and Phase I preliminary site assessments. Transport
material samples or documents to the lab for further testing and
analysis. Tabulate and prepare data for written reports. Cleans and
maintains field monitoring equipment. Adhere to strict safety
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs standardized and sometimes complex field tests as
directed and/or special inspections as required.
- Calibrate field monitoring equipment such as PID or combustible
- Sample suspect asbestos-containing building materials in
accordance with AHERA guidelines.
- Assist drill crews in obtaining soil and groundwater
- Perform oversight and air monitoring during asbestos abatement
- Conduct monitoring well sampling.
- Under the direction of a staff professional, performs complex
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects.
Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or
concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 4-6 years of relevant experience or the equivalent in
training and related experience.
- Certification in field of expertise required. Examples
- California Certified Site Surveillance (CSST)
- Lead Inspector
- Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.
- Other national, regional, state, and local environmental
related certifications requiring experience and written examination
will also be considered if deemed appropriate by the Terracon
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering
firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon
has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in
environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services.
Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150
offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon's growth
is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service
and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in
Terracon's vision of "Together, we are best at people" is
demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits
package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many
programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k)
plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and
various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority,
female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered
for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant
for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion,
national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender, disability, age, or military status.